This job might no longer be available.
Senior Vehicle Artist [collab w/ Massive Studio]
11 days ago
As Senior Vehicle Artist at Ubisoft, you will be working on one of our unannounced AAA games, a collaboration with Massive Entertainment - our Malmö studio.
You will take part in the development of both authentic and fictional vehicles. Creating innovative vehicles brings forth challenges, and the ideal candidate is experienced in the industry standards for vehicle modeling & texturing; demonstrates a good understanding of technical guidelines, and can follow and adapt to the artistic direction.
You need to have a strong passion and knowledge of vehicle design in order to produce believable models. You need to deliver functional in-game models, respect technical constraints regarding the engine and the game systems.
If you like the challenge of building an immersive and meaningful video game experience by creating believable, awesome-looking, and memorable vehicles, this job is for you!
Your main mission:
- Research and documentation;
- Create benchmarks to set the level of quality and make sure it’s respected during production;
- Be involved in model production planning;
- Establish and supervise outsourcing pipeline when necessary;
- Verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements accordingly;
- Use specific project tools in order to achieve best results and meet deadlines;
- Understand and follow the technical constraints regarding the engine and the game systems: player interaction, handling, damage, animations, etc.
- Respond to and implement changes according to the received feedback;
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure consistency of work within the team.
What you'll bring as experience:
- Previous professional experience regarding vehicle art production;
- Industry-standard knowledge in creating hard surface high quality, high-resolution models and detailed realistic textures;
- Good notion of vehicle design and a good understanding of functionality;
- Very good knowledge of modeling and texturing software;
- Understanding shader/material creation is a plus;
- Knowledge of technical constraints linked to game engines.
What you’ll bring as a colleague
- Team player, excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude;
- Facilitate information, knowledge and expertise sharing;
- Creative and resourceful, with high standards;
- Easily adaptable, curious and open to new ideas & experiences;
- Good knowledge of English.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production : creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT : delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control : guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown!
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry.From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.