Senior Vegetation Artist - DICE
12 days ago
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
As a Senior Vegetation Artist you will help us push the quality of our vegetation to the next level. Aside from daily tasks you will also share your experience with the team and be a role model for junior developers around you. On a daily basis you will report to the Lead Artist and Project Manager in the Central Art team, meeting to review work and discuss progress about project deliveries. On a higher level you will also work with Directors and Craft Managers to help push the discipline forward and help create a stronger, more versatile and happier team.
- Drive and own solution and strategy for the vegetation production together with leads, art and technical directors to ensure we achieve the best quality regarding visuals, playability and performance.
- Create benchmark assets to set quality and technical targets for the project within the vegetation domain.
- Coordinate with other teams to create new solutions and implement the outcomes into the production workflows.
- Work with leads and project managers to determine budget, scope, deadlines and prioritize backlog content to support timely deliveries and avoid diminishing returns.
- Delegate work between multiple artists and prioritizing the backlog together with Leads and DDs.
- Shape workflows and processes for vegetation, while maintaining and adding documentations about best practices.
- Identify and break down complex problems, determining the approach based on dependencies and project needs.
- Verify visual and technical quality and make suggestions of improvements where necessary.
- Provide feedback and guide lesser experienced artists well as external partners.
- Assemble and organize reference material for self and others.
- 5+ years of experience in the video games industry or other relevant industries.
- Demonstrable skills in the technical and visual execution for creating high-end vegetation graphics.
- Experience establishing techniques, processes, workflows and best practices for vegetation creation.
- Experience working with capturing raw data using photogrammetry.
- Experience working with external development teams.