Senior VFX Artist
1 month ago
SENIOR VFX ARTIST
Who We Are:
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studio in Foothill Ranch, CA is committed to gaming and technical innovation and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We are seeking a Senior VFX Artist to join our development efforts on an exciting new game! Within this role, you’ll be creating dazzling real-time particles and effects that’ll breathe life into both our world and in-game cinematics.
What You Will Do:
- Visualize, create, and implement real-time visual effects that are beautiful yet performant
- Ensure assets are optimized for target platforms while minimizing impact on artistic integrity
- Jump between creating high-intensity environmental effects and subtle UI highlights
- Collaborate with designers, other artists, and the rest of the development team on needs
- Mentor junior artists
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years’ experience within the video game industry creating VFX, ideally as a VFX artist
- Extensive experience with real-time particle authoring systems, such as those in Unity or Unreal
- Experience using Unreal Engine and Cascade – Niagara a plus!
- Can execute on highly stylized effects
- Good 3D modelling and texturing skills with relevant 2D and 3D software experience (Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, Houdini, 3DS Max)
- Strong sense of form, color, and composition as well as the motion of natural phenomena
- Knowledge of visual effect terminology and techniques
- Good sense of timing and weight
- Advanced problem-solving techniques
- A passion for video games
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices.