This job might no longer be available.
Senior VFX Artist
19 days ago
Are you interested in creating world class, groundbreaking, interactive experiences on a large scale? We are looking for an experienced Senior VFX Artist to work on a brand-new application Unity is developing. We are seeking a leader in their field who is passionate about live-events, gaming, and community building!
More specifically, in the next 4-12 months, you will be defining, shaping, and supporting the delivery of a creative direction and working first version alongside hardworking colleagues at the top of their game!
Long term, you will continually look for the most efficient ways to drive VFX innovation and incredible visual experience while also maintaining the artistic style and vision of the creative leads.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Art Directors, Production, and Design team to design real-time VFX.
- Create stunning real-time visual effects using a high-quality particle effects, textures, and shaders.
- Determine requirements for VFX tools and technologies.
- Work with team members to share knowledge and solve cross-discipline problems.
- Develop strategies to troubleshoot VFX issues affecting rendering performance to maintain target FPS.
What we’re looking for
- Real-time VFX Artist on shipped game titles or equivalent Experience as a lead on multiple projects.
- Proficient in Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, Unity, Houdini and dynamic simulations.
- Ability to optimize effects for performance on multiple platforms.
- Comfortable creating shaders and modifying existing assets for in-game VFX use.
- Strong proficiency in technical problem solving and experience with scripting languages.
You might also have
- Passion for live events.
- Unity expertise
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.