Senior VFX Artist
12 days ago
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are looking for a highly talented and experienced Senior VFX Artist to join our team.
We are seeking candidates who are determined, self-motivated and keen to both inspire and collaborate with creative team-mates to create wondrous and exciting effects that propel our stories and characters to new heights - from simple and subtle elements to breath-taking wow moments!
You will be pushing forward the boundaries of what is possible on next gen platforms and high-end PC GPUs!
- Engaging with the creative process to design and create innovative and high quality VFX
- Implementing VFX within Unreal
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as lighting and environment artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create a great game experience
Skills and experience required:
- You have VFX experience in commercial games development or in an allied field such as TV or Film production
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create visually impressive VFX which are sympathetic to the needs of the product
- A good understanding of physical behaviour and motion in the creation of VFX - including a strong sense of timing
- Experience using the Unreal Engine for the creation and deployment of effects is essential
- An industry standard real-time particle editor (UNITY, CryENGINE, Houdini)
- Experience with After Effects and previsualisation tools is an advantage.
Candidate should have:
- A high level of creativity and problem-solving skills
- A positive and proactive work ethic
- A strong sense of visual communication
Why join us?
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games