Senior VFX Artist
8 days ago
We are looking for a Senior VFX Artist like you, to join us in our mission to create amazing mobile games and experiences. The VFX Artist will work with an experienced team of artists and programmers to create effects that bring immersive mobile game experiences, create memorable moments, and help create a visual style for the game. In collaboration with the Art Director and Game Director, the VFX Artist will create performant and expressive effects. The VFX Artist will work with the Tools Team to help identify and develop the VFX toolkit for the studio.
- Create breathtaking visual effects across all areas of the game, ranging from environment, UI, and characters.
- Develop beautiful visual effects that communicate essential gameplay intent.
- Optimize effects for performance on multiple platforms. Mobile being most important.
- Interface with Art Director and Game Director to produce their vision of the VFX
- Cross discipline collaboration to identify challenges and create solutions that will satisfy the stakeholders
- Build comprehensive knowledge of the VFX art production pipelines, tools, and systems associated with the creation of VFX content.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by staying aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages, and putting traditional art methods into practice.
- Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a visual effects artist in games as shipped a title.
- Ability to deconstruct complex visual effects from reference and recreate them in a game engine
- Strong sense of lighting, color, form and motion
- Strong proficiency in technical problems solving
- Self-motivated and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
- Experienced with Photoshop, Maya, and popular game engines
- Experience with 2D animations and Motion Graphics
- Experience working on proprietary game engine VFX tools
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.