Senior VFX Artist
2 days ago
About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
We're looking for a talented, experienced Senior VFX Artist to help us build stunning effects for our projects. Applying your mix of technical and artistic skills, you will be involved in pushing the visual quality of our AAA titles while collaborating with Design and Programming to ensure the game is engaging and artistically stunning. You will have a high degree of responsibility for the development tasks, and supporting members of the team.
- Work with the project VFX team to drive the creation and refinement of gameplay and environmental effects
- Effectively communicate and motivate the team, while supporting junior artists in their development and learning
- Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to enhance immersion and player experience, and Technical Art to maintain performance requirements
- Able to set and maintain effective VFX pipelines, and to advocate best practices for cross-discipline collaboration
- Strive to push our techniques into new territory
Essential Skills and Experience
- Has worked on at least three commercially released AAA titles as a VFX artist
- Mastery of the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how VFX provide gameplay feedback
- Must have experience authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints of Console and PC budgets
- Strong experience with node based material generation workflows
- Current with latest digital art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
- Understanding of production constraints and collaboration needs in a fast paced environment
- Must be familiar with Unreal Engine 4’s VFX and Physics tools
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous roles as a Senior, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in rigid body, pyro, and fluid simulation
- Technical knowledge of 3D asset building and surfacing packages
- Passion for problem solving and experimenting with new boundaries
- Able to take ownership of VFX implementation
- Comfortable working autonomously to meet expectations and deliveries
- Houdini FX knowledge is a plus
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.