VFX Artist (Visual Effects Artist)
9 days ago
JOB TITLE: VFX Artist (Visual Effects Artist)
LOCATION: Brno, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Head Of Production/Media Director
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented VFX Artist to join our team. S/he pushes the level of visual effects even closer to the quality of film blockbusters and the render output to the very edge of the potential of target platforms (PC, Xbox One, and PS4).
What You Will Do:
- Close cooperation with artists, animators, and sound engineers. Together with them, s/he adds drama into the game and film sequences through her/his own visual effects
- Design, creation, implementation, modification, and innovation of real-time particle effects, using both static and animated 2D/3D elements
- Creating and setting up climatic conditions, environment, air, and weather effects
- Design and creation of prototypes of new effects and render features for the game and engine
- Research, analysis, and dealing with problems related to effects
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Perfect sense of timing, animation, and movements of realistic objects and visual effects
- Ability to analyze real atmospheric and physical phenomena (fog, smoke, fire, liquids, cloths, etc.) and implement their efficient and most precise transformation in our virtual world
- Experience with the development of the most up-to-date particle systems and visual effects.
- Experience with 3dsMax (or other robust 3D software), After Effects, Houdiny, and Photoshop
- Communicative knowledge of English
Nice To Have:
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic arts, Computer visualization, Computer animation or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge.
- Experience in other disciplines such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animating or lighting
- Knowledge of drawing, painting, and technical issues of animating
- Experience with one or several scripting languages
- Previous experience with computer game animation or any other discipline of digital animation, visual effects
- A released game project
- Interest in developing video games
- Artistic talent
- Team player
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Proactive approach
- Willingness to continuously develop his/her skills
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and a mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. The Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your CV in English, a short letter of motivation, also in English, with an explanation as to why you're interested in this particular job, and a link to your online portfolio/website with your current work.