This job might no longer be available.
Senior VFX Artist [Unannounced Project]
2 months ago
We’re seeking a Senior VFX Artist for our Unannounced Project
As a Senior VFX Artist at Massive, you'll be responsible for creating astonishing visual effects aligned with the games artistic vision and utilizing the technical possibilities of our Snowdrop engine. To achieve this you’ll collaborate with a multi-disciplined task force of game developers at " One of the best studios in the world " Yves Guillmot, Ubisoft CEO
- Producing high-quality effects,
- Planning, estimating, and prioritizing tasks,
- Optimizing workflows and maintaining a balance between quality and performance,
- Building relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the creation of our game assets,
- Communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the consistency of work within the team,
- Sharing knowledge within the team and set practices, pipelines, and workflows together with others.
You're an artist driven towards producing high-quality work and who always keeps up to date with the latest tech, tools, and best practices. You've excellent communication skills in English (our company language), and you enjoy seeing the whole team succeed.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of artwork is required (this must include VFX-Art to a photo-realistic style),
- Previous experience from several major game productions through to release,
- Several years experience as a VFX/Special Effects or Technical Artist,
- Relevant degree in an Art/Design field, or the equivalent work experience,
- Understanding of particle effect-based workflows and shader creation, from concept to optimization,
- Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects competent user for texture creation,
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows,
- Understanding of modeling, texture mapping, materials, and post-processing (color grading etc.),
- It would be greatly valued although not essential if you also have working knowledge in Houdini.
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you.Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third-largest independent video game publisher. We're more than 650 people from 50+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.