This job might no longer be available.
Senior VFX Artist - UK Based - Remote/Flexible
18 days ago
Are you an experienced VFX Artist looking for a new opportunity where you can make a real impact?
We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support remote and/or hybrid working options.
We are on the lookout for a Senior VFX Artist to join our passionate and growing VFX team, working on a brand-new survival action-adventure game!
The VFX team is responsible for all visual effects developed in Rebellions games. Not only particle effects, but screen post effects, material effects, mesh destruction effects and UI effects developed in Rebellions propriety engine “Asura”.
You will be assisting the VFX lead in creating project specific processes and industry beating VFX for an exciting brand new I.P.
This is a great opportunity to be a key part of the VFX team and have a direct say in the construction and pipeline requirements.
- Assisting Lead to bring Art directors vision of the Visual effects to fruition.
- Be organised and willing to assist in VFX project bible materials.
- Create a set of Key VFX concepts to sell the visual direction of the game
- Help to build a solid template library of assets that other members of the dev team can utilise.
- Be a mentor and help get new team members up and running rapidly.
- Keep the team focus high and act as a great example to your team regulars and juniors.
- Extensive professional experience and knowledge of:
- 3D Studio Max
- Another VFX tool (Unreal/Unity/Proprietary)
- Simulation software (EmberGen, Houdini, Cinema 4d, etc.)
- After Effects
- Great written and verbal communication is a must.
- Be fully versed in the craft of creating real time VFX assets as well as an understanding of VFX shaders and relevant maps created for them.
- Have in intimate understanding of hardware limitations, minimising any need for optimisation work later in a project.
- Have a research mentality and always be fully versed in any new tech or processes that arise in the industry.
- Have a solid understanding of real-world pyrotechnics and other naturals, a great feeling of weight, timing, and sense of scale.
- Be ready to document any research or pipeline processes and be able to communicate these.
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us here
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: Rebellion: Careers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.