Senior VFX Artist (Fluent in Korean and English)
19 days ago
Job Title:Senior VFX Artist (Fluent in Korean and English)
As a player, there’s nothing like experiencing visceral heart pounding combat for the first time. From distinctive flash of light as Tracer blinks out of view, to the rolling smoke that encases Reaper right before he unleashes hell upon his foes… These will be the moments that etched into the memory of the next generation of Blizzard fans, and they will be crafted by a VFX artist like you.
As a Senior VFX Artist on Overwatch, you'll use your extensive experience working with 3D packages and in-game FX systems to build a wide range of visual effects for both characters and environments. An understanding of how good gameplay marries outstanding visuals is required as you jam with designers, engineers, and artists to develop exciting new heroes that will pop off the screen thanks to your mastery in creating the textures and geometry needed for stylized VFX.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home, and will require frequent international business travel. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
If you’re ready to take on the challenge of helping realize the next epic Blizzard title, we want to hear from you!
- Work with our global teams with a focus on communication between the Irvine and Seoul offices.
- Creation of handcrafted visual effects to be used in real-time game assets.
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX in a real-time game engine.
- Work with lead artists to ensure timely completion of VFX assets.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
- Must be fluent in Korean and English (written and verbal).
- Willingness and ability for frequent international business travel.
- A minimum of 4 years crafting real-time special FX for video games.
- Experience with creating consistently brilliant, eye-catching, real-time FX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-game FX systems.
- Able to paint stylized FX textures from scratch, matching an established style.
- Proficient with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, etc.
- Understanding of rendering engines.
- Game design awareness and an exceptional game design-oriented collaborator.
- Willingness to potentially work across multiple time zones.
- A passion for teaching, exchanging ideas, and mentoring upcoming talent.
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles.
- Experience authoring custom materials and graphics shaders.
- Scripting experience in Lua, Python, etc.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, animation, or technical art.
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a desire to push it to the next level.
Required Application Materials
- Portfolio of work in digital format (website, blog, online album, Dropbox, etc.). Physical media will not be accepted.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We strongly encourage you to apply.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to cultivate an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.