Senior VFX Artist - Destruction
15 days ago
That’s No Moon is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. A remote-friendly studio with a central office and performance capture stage located in Los Angeles, That’s No Moon is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are seeking a highly skilled Destruction Artist with a drive for crafting realistic destruction, physics sims and environment dynamics and other fx for in-game and cinematic AAA content. You will be collaborating and working with Art Leadership to define studio Visual Effects workflows. You will help set the bar for destruction and push the industry to new heights of realism, mood, gameplay and storytelling!
- You will be driving the creation of all our destructible ( physics objects\bumpables\) and destruction “moments” ( in game and cinematics with the goal of adding life and movement to each game beat
- Develop and communicate workflow and standard methodologies for realistic real-time destruction, including general modeling and texturing for geo breaking and debris creation
- Gather reference to define visual goals and expectations for realistic destruction
- Work with Tech Art and Engineering teams to develop tools, solve technical challenges, and set performance benchmarks
- Educate and clearly articulate destruction concepts and processes to other departments through presentations, demonstrations, and discussions
- Drive R&D on novel solutions and technology to improve quality and efficiency of visual effects
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven ability crafting realistic and compelling destruction and simulations for games.
- Deep understanding of in-game VFX performance, tuning and memory budgets.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and standard VFX software – Houdini, (preferred), 3ds Max, Maya, etc.
- Understanding of modeling, shading, and animation workflows
- (Bonus) Experience with Python scripting
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a multi-discipline team environment
- Strong artistic eye for volume, energy, weight, density, timing and other dynamic aesthetics
- Adapt in a positive, proactive manner to the fluidity of real-time game production realities
- Ability to communicate clearly visually, verbally and written
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.