Senior VFX Artist - DCUO
20 days ago
Dimensional Ink Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Sustain and improve visual language for DCUO
- Create a wide variety of memorable effects for heroes and environments while prototyping new techniques and approaches
- Establish workflow standards and best practices
- Collaborate between Art and Game design & Engineering
Leader In Craft
- Modern Tools/Techniques: Comfortable in a variety of tools such as Unreal Engine’s Cascade, Maya, Unreal, Flip books, Houdini, and an Insight when to use which for tool for the right effect
- Real-time Performance: skilled at making effects performant
- Basics: Strong understanding of shape language, color theory and visual hierarchy
- Craft standards: Establish and maintain team standards
- End result: Must be able to pull all the above into a compelling end result that enhances game for players in an immersive experience.
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
*Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
We are fully prepared to do remote onboarding and equipment shipments as needed for our new hires while we are currently working remotely!