Senior VFX Artist - Mobile Games
27 days ago
Welcome to Homa, the gaming technology lab that is taking the industry by storm!
Our team of over 200 people, hailing from more than 35 different countries, is dedicated to empowering mobile game creators worldwide to bring their creative ideas to the top charts.
Our Homa Lab platform offers a comprehensive suite of cutting-edge tools that allow developers to stay on top of the latest trends, test new features in real time, and easily distribute and monetize their games. Our success speaks for itself - our apps have been downloaded over 1 billion times!
Since our inception, we have raised $165 million in total from prominent investors, including Headline, Northzone, Eurazeo, Singular, Quadrille Capital, Fabric Ventures, and Bpifrance. We have also received support from renowned business angels, such as the founders of King, Sorare, and Spotify founders.
But what really makes Homa special is our team. We are a diverse group of artists, business developers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and former strategy consultants who all share the same passion for taking over the gaming industry. When you become part of Homa, you'll be joining a dedicated team that creates innovative and high-performing games that resonate with players worldwide.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and make a real impact in the company, then Homa is the perfect place for you. Join us and let's create the future of gaming together!
Role and Missions — What you will do 🚀
We are looking for a passionate VFX Artist to join our team. As a VFX Artist, you will produce visual effects and particle effects for gameplay elements of a hybridcasual mobile game. This position requires you to take on a considerable amount of ownership and responsibility. You are expected to bring your passion, VFX skills and creative problem-solving to contribute to the project. In the studio, you will work closely with engineers, game designers, animators and other artists to create games that will be played by millions of people all around the world.
More concretely, you will be in charge of:
- Creating visual effects in Unity that are both fluid and responsive
- Controlling the quality and optimization of visual effects systems and assets
- Continually iterating and improving visual effects that are consistent with the overall game
- Working closely with programmers to implement visual effects into the game
- Finding creative solutions for the visual effects challenges
At Homa all team members have a genuine chance to contribute to the final product and have an impact on the company. If you want to be a team member of a fast-growing company, you might be the person we are looking for!
We are also looking for:
- Proficiency in Unity particle systems (with strong track record)
- A keen eye on basic physics principles like weight, gravity, velocity, inertia and a solid understanding of animation principles
- Familiarity with image editing software like Photoshop for sprites creation
- Passion for video games and game development
- Familiarity with art production and pipelines
- Understanding of Unity Shader Graph is a plus
- Appreciation and understanding of teamwork
- Fluent in English
Our Culture—Who we are🪐
At Homa, we value brains over backgrounds and determination over degrees. We believe actual growth results from diversity — nationalities, backgrounds, skill sets, and personal experiences — all working towards a single objective. If you’ve got the smarts, energy, and motivation, no barriers keep you from going far.
We are the people behind the platform - the creative specialists giving creators the data needed to power up their creativity. At Homa, we live by the three central values:
- Ambition: we put flags on summits. We set our goals ambitiously high and don’t shy away from the climb. We’re on a mission to take over an industry thick with incumbents who won’t go quietly into the night. To succeed here, you’ll need a highly metaphorical shield and a sword.
- Humility: we put our egos aside. We put our hands up. First to volunteer to help, second to high-five. Having an ego is natural, but letting it run the show is unhelpful to everyone. In the words of Mr. Lamar: Sit down. Be humble.
- Curiosity: we keep our eyes open. We believe the best way to know anything is to question everything. And to do that, you need open eyes and open minds at all times.
Success is its own reward, but here are the perks as well:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We offer essential benefits in France and specific locations, including health insurance, meal vouchers, public transport subsidies, childcare benefits, and life insurance
- If you're interested in working from our newly renovated Paris HQ with a rooftop garden and WeWork amenities, we have a desk waiting for you
- You will be working in English with our international team of top-tier talents from 35+ countries
- You will have quarterly reviews with your manager to reflect on your performance, celebrate wins, and receive constructive feedback
- You will be able to attend diverse team events and Workations (the famous company-wide Homa trip).