Senior User Researcher
1 month ago
SENIOR USER RESEARCHER (LONDON)
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to own the development of a new User Research office location and to carry out testing on a variety of game franchises. This involves partnering with studios to learn their needs and applying a wide assortment of research methods including playtesting, usability testing, concept testing, telemetric analysis, surveys and more.
What You Will Do
- Support the development and expansion of the London User Research department
- Deeply collaborate with various developers to help tailor studies to the unique needs of each game team
- Plan and implement research studies at moments of significant impact
- Clearly and concisely deliver findings to all relevant partners, including developers and production
- Collaborate with external vendors to offer additional services
- Develop creative solutions to overcome roadblocks and develop a testing schedule that provides data early enough to make meaningful changes
Who We Believe Would Be an Excellent Fit:
- Proven ability in user experience research or usability testing
- Deep understanding of qualitative research methods
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including moderation
- Ability to analyze and visualize quantitative data and transform it into actionable insights
- Preference for Candidates with:
- A BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, Statistics, or another related field
- SPSS, Salesforce, and Tableau experience
- Experience in the video games industry, especially AAA console/PC products
- Experience with team development
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
- If you love video games, enjoy working in an environment where you can make a real difference to the final product, and you have experience in the video game industry, then this position might be for you! We want someone who not only has a strong background in User Research but who also thoroughly enjoys the process, the results, and the impact they can have on the games they support.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.