This job might no longer be available.
Senior User Experience Researcher
1 year ago
Ubisoft Montreal is looking for you, User Experience Researcher.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary professionals connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
On being an User Experience Researcher at Ubi Montreal
When you are a User Experience Researcher at Ubi Montreal, you are responsible for preparing and running studies assessing the usability and appreciation of our games in order to validate the game design. This includes preparing the study protocol, data collection tools, data analysis, interpreting and reporting this data to answer the various objectives and needs of the production teams and the studio.
The daily life of a User Experience Researcher at Ubi Montreal
- Select the appropriate methodology, define test measures, and create relevant tools in order to evaluate if the players’ experience is in line with the design intentions of the various productions;
- Efficiently analyse multiple sources of data (including observation, telemetry, etc.) and provide valuable and actionable insights on players’ experience;
- Identify and use the most optimal data visualization methods to present the findings (graphs, tables, etc.);
- Elaborate study reports and present the findings destined for production teams, brand management and high management;
- Remain up to date with game design, data visualization and User Research trends (training, conferences, new/best practices, etc.).
What it takes to make it
- Master’s degree in ergonomics, HCI, cognitive psychology or any other relevant training or experience;
- PhD in any of the above fields is an asset;
- 5 years minimum in a similar position or any other relevant research experience;
- Experience in game design is an asset;
- Excellent research skills (develop appropriate methods to answer research objectives, conduct appropriate analyses and communicate findings efficiently);
- Able to work under pressure;
- Be proactive, innovative and autonomous;
- Be organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (French is an asset);
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and tools;
- Master Office suite;
- Good knowledge of the videogame industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.