Senior User Experience Researcher
13 days ago
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE, an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the bestselling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest caliber possible. Would you like to help build an experience that will redefine how players connect with one another and with the digital world around them? We have amazingly talented people from across the globe located in Edinburgh, Budapest & now Montpellier and remote, flexible and hybrid style working in six different nations around the world. If you are ready to help forge a new future for gamers Everywhere, read on.
Insights are at the heart of player, product, and business decisions on our titles. This critical role will build and grow the foundation for our studio in learning and growing our players and our business. The person in this role is most successful when they can learn the games intent and design swiftly and interpret that into meaningful and targeted playtests that illuminate players true feeling and behavior then translate that into actionable steps to improve... If that’s you, then we should talk!
The DAI Senior UXR position will play a key role in shaping the player experience of our games by leading user research efforts and providing valuable insights to the development team.
- Lead decision making and planning in growing user research for the studio to support development of the games
- Collaborate with design, development, and product teams to understand research needs and goals throughout production
- Design and conduct user research studies, including user interviews, surveys, usability testing and playtesting
- Analyze data and provide insights to the development team to inform design decisions
- Create user personas and user scenarios to guide development
- Partner with analytics to increase the context and value of research results
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices in user research
- Mentor and lead junior user researchers on the team
- Superb communication and can get your point across to game designers, producers, programmers, and executives.
- 5+ years of experience in user research, with a focus on the game industry
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data analysis software
- Experience with usability testing and survey tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to lead user research in an agile development environment
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, or a related field
- A passion for video games
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.