Senior User Experience Designer
4 days ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. In 2015, Riot Games China was set up and dedicated to creating tailored experiences for local players. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve game experiences and beyond! We are looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. That’s where you come in!
As a Senior User Experience Designer for Fight for the Golden Spatula , you'll design player-facing experiences for our new initiatives, focusing on around game experiences. Reporting to the product lead for the project, you will focus on multiple areas and have a high level of independent initiative to balance UX priorities across the workstreams. You are an adept storyteller, able to present the player experience to your team members. You deeply desire to understand the motivations of the auto chess games and represent them in your designs.
- Lead UX design across multiple workstreams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows for these areas
- Communicate your data-informed vision and design rationale to stakeholders in a clear manner
- Deliver appropriate UX design artifacts for the team (e.g., strategy articulation, discovery/ research results, journey maps, Information Architectures (IAs), flows, wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes)
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum viable experience), making appropriate trade-offs between fidelity and functionality
- Establish experiential quality metrics and interaction consistency across player-facing systems
- Work with Design discipline leadership across the company to establish best practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience, having led significant portions of the UX of at least two shipped game titles or major releases of consumer-facing digital products
- Experience designing interfaces on mobile, with a strong understanding of interaction modalities across portable devices.
- High-level UX prototyping skills, using interactive design tools
- Experience designing both in-game and meta-level UX systems
- Comfortable planning and estimating UX efforts for projects
- Comfortable switching between design strategy, micro- and macro-level interaction design, and design execution, and taking on roles outside of traditional design, including product management
- Experience designing both in-game and around-game UX systems, using contemporary UX prototyping tools or game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- Experience with focus-based interaction models
- We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.