Senior User Acquisition Manager (Media Buyer) - High Priority
7 days ago
Join Skillz and Level Up Your Career!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join Skillz, the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform that hosts billions of casual mobile gaming tournaments for millions of players worldwide. Skillz is revolutionizing the gaming industry, providing the ultimate platform for competitive mobile games. By fostering social competition within games, Skillz empowers developers to create multi-million dollar franchises while connecting players through fair, enjoyable, and meaningful competition.
At Skillz, we firmly believe that everyone is born with unique skills and deserves to experience an epic win. We understand the thrill of achievement and the satisfaction of overcoming challenges. That's why we passionately champion game developers and players alike, empowering them to unleash their full potential through the power of competition.
Life @ Skillz
- Culture of Impact: Join a united team of builders, creators, innovators, and entrepreneurs driven by the desire to win. At Skillz, we create value and make a difference in the world.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We value our team members and provide a comprehensive benefits package to ensure your well-being. Enjoy 401K matching, equity incentives, extensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, pre-tax benefit options, and more.
- Work-Life Balance: Achieving work-life balance is important to us. We offer competitive paid time off (PTO) & company holidays to help you recharge and pursue your passions.
- Perks: We believe in enhancing your work experience. Enjoy weekly team lunches, snacks, Friday Happy Hours, commuter benefits, insurances, and many more.
- Pioneers of Skill-Based Competition: Skillz is not just any company in the gaming industry; we are the pioneer of skill-based competition. Join us in transforming the way people play games and building the home of competition for all.
- Impact Beyond Gaming: Skillz harnesses the power of its platform to support nonprofit organizations such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, the NAACP, and more. By participating in Skillz tournaments, you can make a difference and contribute to causes you care about.
- Recognized Success: Skillz has earned recognition as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, San Francisco Business Times' Best Places to Work, Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000 list, and many more.
- Talent Magnet: Join a team of talented professionals who are passionate about what they do. Our team includes experts from Meta, Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Roblox, Samsung, EA, Riot, Tinder, Intel, Twitch, and more.
The Future of Gaming Awaits!
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books combined, with over 3 billion active gamers playing monthly and over 25 million active developers worldwide. Mobile gaming, in particular, is the fastest-growing segment, projected to reach $300 billion by 2025. At Skillz, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this exciting industry and shape its future.
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Senior User Acquisition Manager (Media Buyer) to independently oversee significant performance marketing budgets across multiple channels, maximizing the growth and profitability of our games. As a Senior User Acquisition Manager, you will report directly to the Head of Performance Marketing. Your keen eye on the overall portfolio status will enable you to provide informed recommendations on budget allocation across all channels. Additionally, your ability to collaborate cross-functionally with product, data, and creative teams will be crucial in implementing full-view lifecycle marketing strategies to drive portfolio growth and business success.
- Develop and execute strategic mobile campaigns on critical platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Google, DSP Networks, SDK Networks, and Influencer marketing platforms, among others.
- Identify, negotiate, and implement creative and innovative acquisition solutions while managing marketing partnerships for UA efforts on a global scale.
- Contribute and execute winning ad creative ideas, conducting thorough creative testing in collaboration with the Marketing team to attract new users effectively.
- Design and execute A/B and multivariate testing, and present results to relevant teams.
- Influence resource allocation decisions for UA or game teams to align with business objectives and contribute to broader business decisions in support of game and UA team goals.
- Drive marketing tech projects, such as defining SKAN scheme, conducting incrementally and attribution windows analysis, CPI (Cost Per Install) projection forecasts, and Yields projections, among others.
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving acumen and stay ahead of the competition by actively exploring new strategies and closely monitoring competitor benchmarks and emerging trends.
- Present and communicate confidently in front of leadership stakeholders from varying functions.
- 5+ years of experience in media buying, user acquisition, or performance marketing. We also have a non-senior role with 3+ years of experience as a requirement as well.
- 3+ years of experience in mobile user acquisition.
- Proven track record of managing acquisition budgets of over $1M per month, with experience in performance management and providing critical feedback.
- Strong proficiency in Excel for data analysis (experience with SQL / Tableau is a plus).
- Willingness to work in-office three days a week (hybrid M|W|Th) in either San Mateo, California or Las Vegas, Nevada (relocation assistance available).
- Passion for gaming + consumer tech experience OR experience in the Games Industry.
- Familiarity with KPIs such as LTV (Lifetime Value of a Customer), CAC (Customer Acquisition Cost), CPI (Cost Per Install), CPA (Cost Per Deposit User), ROAS (Return on Ad Spend), and a strong understanding of funnel conversion metrics, retention rates, and LTV predictions.
- Deep understanding of the mobile app acquisition ecosystem, including MMPs (Mobile Measurement Partners), DSPs (Demand-Side Platforms), Ad Networks, Facebook, Google, and 3rd Party Business Intelligence Vendors. Hands-on experience with Facebook Ads and/or Apple Search Ads is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize budgets across games, media channels, geographies, and platforms. Experience with data-driven UA (User Acquisition) optimization and A/B tests across all UA dimensions.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Economics, Mathematics, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
Join Skillz and Let's Redefine the Boundaries of Gaming!
If you are a talented Senior User Acquisition Manager with a passion for gaming, a data-driven mindset, and a track record of success in managing large-scale performance marketing campaigns, we would love to hear from you. Join our dynamic team and play a pivotal role in driving the growth and success of our games!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .