Senior Unreal4 VFX Artist
6 days ago
Play With Fire, a new studio part of Amber, focused on PC and Console original IPs, is seeking an experienced Senior VFX Artist, working with Unreal Engine 4.
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining VFX systems and assets in relation with the gameplay needs. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate and lead the VFX needs across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary with maximum autonomy.
The ideal candidate has a good amount of experience with VFX and has the ability to lead the VFX vision, architect and implement critical VFX components in UE4.
- Create next level visual effects using Unreal’s Niagara/Houdini particle system with a gameplay-driven approach
- Debug and profile all VFX systems for performance optimization
- Collaborate with a team of multi-disciplinary artists and game designers across numerous disciplines to create a coherent final product.
We are seeking an experienced Senior VFX Artist who has:
- Created high-end VFX for games and cinematics
- Adapted to real-time VFX production pipeline in coordination with gameplay requirements
- Worked with team leaders and supervisors to ensure technical and artistic quality of deliverables
- Extensive experience with Unreal Engine Blueprint Graph system
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 custom materials
- Provided the ability to articulate an effect’s artistic and technical needs, and help lead the team to meet the objectives
- Provided technical expertise to decide which technologies to pursue and which to avoid for production efficiency
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Strong knowledge of Niagara Particle Engine in UE4
- Good 3D experience in the following software: Maya, Blender or 3ds max with strong artistic aptitudes, skills in 2d design, drawing and animation
- Experience creating and optimizing VFX pipelines
- Passionate about VFX in the game industry
- Highly organized, outgoing individual with an eye for details and a passion for quality
- At least 2 years experience as Unreal VFX artist with hands-on technical experience
- Killer portfolio
- Good working knowledge of English is a must
- Good knowledge in Houdini is a plus
Required Application Materials:
- Reel or Portfolio demonstrating technical skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs.