This job might no longer be available.
Senior Unity Gameplay Programmer (AAA Mobile)
2 months ago
When you’re a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft, you have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the interactive systems that make the game.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answer the most fundamental questions: Will the player enjoy this? Does it feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of cohesive gameplay professionals composed of AI, UI and 3Ds specialists, you will bring to life the vision of the game and mission designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
The daily life of a GPP at Ubisoft:
- Code new and existing systems to meet the intent of the game’s design;
- Keep them coherent with existing code;
- Develop gameplay tools;
- Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements;
- Collaborate with designers and animators on environments;
- Document your work.
- Experience in C# and optimizing code;
- Experience in gameplay, AI, and design (main character, cameras, NPCs, environment, behaviors);
- Experience as part of subordinates that has shipped a video game is an asset;
- Experience developing on video-game consoles or mobile devices;
- Experience working with Unity and its latest tech;
- Experience in working with Unity DOTS ( ECS/Jobs/Burst) is a big plus;
- Knowledge and experience in the shooter genre and network replication is a plus
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the subordinates in terms of quality and vision of the game;
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 professionals, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity company that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and community can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.