Senior Unity Game Engineer
6 months ago
Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from over 45 different nations work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories for millions of users. Wooga's signature approach to making great games for mobile is working in independent teams where both product and development work closely together. This chance to make a real impact on the game's roadmap has made us one of the world's most popular game developers.
About the job
As a Senior Game Engineer, you will be a driving member of one of our cross-platform game teams on mobile. Our ideal candidate is a team player who, while working together with other engineers, empowers relationships with other disciplines, to raise the bar in terms of quality and productivity of the entire team.
Among other things:
- You will be designing and implementing systems to create the highest quality games
- You will be actively contributing to the design and code reviews, as well as mentoring and growing other team members
- You will be working closely together with other tech teams on shared technology.
- You will be working closely with various key stakeholders on the team to constantly improve the quality of the game and the productivity of the entire team.
- One of our values is Sharing Knowledge. You will encourage the sharing of state of the art software engineering methods, practices, technologies, and expertise among and beyond your team.
- You have been working with Unity on mobile titles in a professional setting for years now, and have proven track record in shipping game titles in Unity (pc, console, mobile).
- You are an expert in C# and have a strong understanding of patterns and architectural concepts
- You have solid experience working with big codebases and keeping them nice and clean
- You are a great team player, value collaboration over personal achievements, as well as have an ability to communicate effectively with other disciplines, i.e. with artists, product managers, designers, etc. You can translate complex product requirements into maintainable technical solutions. You understand the business and the “why” that drives business decisions.
- You have a solid understanding of the different mobile platforms and their performance implications
- You have experience with writing automated tests
- Ideally, you have experience creating tools and understand both art and content pipelines.
As English is our official language, no German skills are required. But we’ll help you learn if you want to!
- The amount of polish we put into each of our games is always above the industry standard. Join Wooga and make a real impact, team up with a group of engineering experts on creating the highest quality, state of the art mobile games.
- Wooga is one of the top players in story-driven casual mobile games. Excite millions of players around the world, every day!
- We treasure the respect with which we treat each other. We learn from each other and live up to our cornerstones: Making every voice heard, giving candid feedback and always put an extra amount of thought into our communication.
- We are committed to our players and use machine learning for personalization. Shape the future and challenge the status quo!
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe’s most vibrant city - socialize in our hang-out spaces, and enjoy many fun events and parties! Enjoy our unique office space!
- Relocation support that matches your needs to make your and your loved ones’ move to Berlin smooth! Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafes, internal trainings, workshops, and many others!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.