Senior Unity Engineer
18 days ago
We are the world’s first interactive luxury styling game, combining state-of-the-art technology with a luxury fashion styling experience that has real-time content at its core.
Our fast growing digital platform is led by industry experts from the app technology, luxury fashion, gaming and e-commerce worlds. We are in early access mode and can be found and downloaded on the App Store.
We are centred around gamification, entertainment and content. DREST combines innovative technology with in-game fashion styling and shopping, all inspired by a real-time news content feed, reflecting daily global fashion and lifestyle zeitgeist.
Our employees are spread across the globe and we pride ourselves in how diverse this allows for our teams to be. Not only are we bringing Tech, Gaming & Luxury Fashion together, we are also bringing a variety of cultures and perspectives closer together.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building great games and excel at bringing your team’s ideas to life. Naturally proactive, you actively contribute with ideas and solutions and thrive working in an ever evolving environment as Drest grows, both as a product and company.
As Senior Unity Engineer, reporting to our Lead Unity Engineer, you will scope and deliver technical improvements and new features following goals set by the Product Manager as part of a cross-functional team.
What you will do..
- Write magnificent code in a collaborative environment using proven design patterns and experiential wisdom.
- Make quick, reasonable estimates for new feature work, as well as propose alternatives to save on implementation time.
- Deliver code and review PRs in a consistent manner.
- Work with your Technical Lead and Product Manager to deliver features which incrementally provide improvements against proven metrics.
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions to improve team’s knowledge and experience through learning and sharing.
- Collaborate and communicate with product, production, design and other teams to define and build features.
- Contribute to a positive development culture and create a safe and inclusive environment for all
- Adapt and grow with Drest, a dynamic environment and regularly learn and share
What you will bring..
- Strong knowledge of Unity and C# and other relevant game-programming languages
- Extensive experience developing mobile games (iOS & Android) from concept to LiveOps and an understanding of the challenges involved in maintaining, iterating and scaling a game
- Excellent understanding of software engineering fundamentals (design patterns, architecture at scale, maintainability over time, robust API design, etc.)
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies (gameplay, economy, graphics, etc.)
- Good understanding of Agile principles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong understanding of CI/CD processes and proficient in the use of source control solutions such as GIT
- A passion for games, including mobile
What else you could bring but is not essential..
- Solid understanding of mobile networking best practices (e.g. batching, request caching, request aggregation, etc.)
- Experience implementing and maintaining 3rd parties SDKs (e.g. Facebook, Firebase, etc.)
- Experience with DLC pipelines (asset bundles, dependency management, etc.)
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other techniques to maximize UI responsiveness and do operations in background
- Experience with industry-standard bug reporting software such as JIRA
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
What you will get in return..
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive salary
- EMI Share Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave
- and more!