This job might no longer be available.
Senior Unity Engineer - Monopoly Go!
18 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Senior Unity Engineer to join our Monopoly GO! team in Sevilla on a hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Monopoly GO! is our new casual game and a key franchise that has just become one of Scopely’s largest games with more than 5M DAUs. The team is based in Europe and the US, and works every day to create captivating new experiences for our players.
What You Will Do
- Analyse and document standardised workflows for common tasks to reduce redundancy and enhance efficiency.
- Develop and employ asset validation tools to ensure assets meet technical and quality standards.
- Establish and maintain a feedback loop for open communication between the artists and CP team, facilitating improvement suggestions and workflow iterations.
- Maintain clear documentation of tools, workflows, and processes.
- Develop, maintain, and utilise scripts and tools to automate repetitive tasks, such as batch processing textures, rigging, or exporting assets.
- Build and maintain a library of shaders and materials for consistent visual style and improved efficiency.
- Optimise pipelines to improve performance and artist processes as well as the Live-Ops workflow.
- Troubleshoot and enhance existing shaders for increased performance and efficiency.
- Analyse GPU profiling, providing insights and solutions for performance optimisation.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficient in Unity Engine.
- Experience in creating Unity Editor tools and inspectors.
- Strong programming skills in C#.
- Knowledge of shader authoring.
- Proficient in source control management using Git and GitHub, with experience in merging, resolving conflicts, creating and reviewing pull requests, and effectively managing branches for collaborative development.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with artists and the CP team.
- Experience with asset pipelines: asset bundles, dependency management, etc
- Mobile experience (iOS and Android): ability to debug native device issues, strong understanding of hardware and platform limitations, performance metrics, etc
- Understanding of the Universal Render Pipeline (URP).
- Experience in Shader Graph and HLSL.
- Good scripting and programming skills in Python.
- Knowledge of pipeline optimisation, standard workflows, and efficient 3D/2D asset management.
- Experience in GPU profiling and performance optimisation using the Xcode frame debugger or other profiling tools
- Familiarity with art and design principles.
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.