Senior Unity Developer - Mobile (Remote)
9 days ago
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
Big Viking Games is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Technology team! Reporting to our VP of Engineering, you'll be working on our mobile project! As we start our new mobile efforts, you’ll be responsible for the development of one of our flagship games onto a mobile platform. The ideal candidate will be a generalist, having well rounded experience in a Full-Stack skill set. This position is offered 100% remotely.
- Lead your game’s technical development; Write robust, efficient, and maintainable Unity code.
- Design and code new features and enhancements across all our games.
- Work on server-side services and connect millions of users in a multiplayer environment.
- Work with CI/CD tools using industry best practices
- Contribute to the various aspects of a game’s life cycle, from specifications through QA to deployment and production support.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
- Write efficient SQL statements and work with databases and database caches
- Work with the design and user experience teams to influence and enhance game design and development.
- Find and fix bugs, and optimize scalability and performance, pre and post production.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest relevant technologies.
- Mentor junior developers and help them develop their technical skills
- Approach code with a deep understanding of software, using appropriate profilers to ensure performance
The Must Haves
- 5+ years’ experience in using Unity to develop Multiplayer Mobile Games.
- Client-side expertise, experience in animated/static UI using the MVP pattern, Game Logic, and 3rd-party SDK integration.
- Networks and socket, client+server communication experience.
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, taking care of all the little details that matter.
- Empathy towards developers, e.g. when making design decisions and breaking changes.
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live ops environment
- A passion for games!
The Nice to Haves
- Preferably additional experience in MySQL, HTML/CSS, PHP, GraphQL and Java.
- Full stack software development experience
- Ability to always leave code better than the state in which it is found.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in supporting live production infrastructure and the ability to put out fires under pressure.
- Experience with web frameworks
- Experience with Redis, Memcache, Docker, and Ansible would be highly beneficial
- F2P Game Development experience
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.