Senior UX Writer
13 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Francisco, CA, USA
UX Writers at PlayStation help define the user experience for new and existing PlayStation products, services, and off-console experiences, delivering high-quality messaging based on the feature spec, established style guides, business objectives, and overall UX philosophies. This includes actively participating in and giving constructive feedback in early Product grooming and UX design sessions, then driving the writing process through iteration, stakeholder/partner approval, and handoff to localization.
This senior-level position focuses on features related to gaming and core platform experiences in our product and service ecosystem. You'll advocate for and champion all types of players and users, exercising design thinking. You'll also be writing in multiple dimensions, as you create copy that appears on console, mobile, web, and more, and also gets localized into dozens of languages. While we appreciate a good blogger and technical writing, what we’re really looking for are strong UX writers with interactive experience.
Our writers have a facility for solving problems from both creative and tactical standpoints. The senior writer role is also responsible for reviewing the work of other writers, checking for terminology accuracy, grammatical correctness, tone-of-voice application, constructive feedback to junior writers, and overall UX cohesion.
You will juggle multiple products on multiple platforms, often on multiple schedules and in multiple time zones, making organization a key factor. Social skills are vital, as you will routinely collaborate with engineers, designers, localization managers, and product owners representing a wide variety of locations and cultural backgrounds. A willingness to make positive contributions to help improve how we do/make things, from tools to process, is also imperative.
- 5+ years professional writing experience, preferably in some combination of interactive, marketing, and technical venues
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, with a proven history of meeting deadlines
- Strong ability to write to specification while maintaining proper style/brand voice
- Enthusiastic, organized approach to multi-tasking, with a command of current projects and their statuses
- Able to quickly learn and comfortably work with multiple tools, including proprietary CMS and visual-flow tools, project tracking tools, and inter-office communication tools.
- Able to become an expert on your assigned products, gauge new products and features, and make suggestions that aid in their ideation and development
- Able to be a strong brand advocate who works with diverse teams to achieve business objectives
- Experience with delivering messaging that must be localized into multiple languages
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge
- Proven knowledge of design and layout principles
- Willing to enjoy a relaxed office with co-workers who truly enjoy what they do
- Prior experience in tech industry
- Experience working in a B2B and B2C
- Curiosity about new technologies in web, mobile, and other devices
- Familiarity with the agile software development process
- Solid knowledge of the video game industry
- Experience working on an ecommerce platform.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$123,900 — $185,900 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.