Senior UX/UI Designer
1 month ago
We are creators of the hit survival-fantasy franchise State of Decay with a fan base of over 10 million players. As an independent member of Xbox Game Studios, we collaborate with a huge network of skilled specialists in all disciplines, providing incredible opportunities for joint development and learning.
Undead Labs is seeking a creative and talented Senior UX/UI Designer to join our Creative team to help design end-to-end player experiences for State of Decay 3. As a member of our Creative team, you’ll have the ability to advocate for optimal player experiences – free of unwanted friction and optimized for usability – through every step of the development process.
At Undead Labs we work in highly collaborative, cross-discipline teams because we understand that the best ideas are ones we generate together. We’re humble and curious in our work while always striving to make things better – for our players, for each other, and for our industry. Everyone here is committed to helping the team thrive, enabling us to rise to the moment and build amazing games.
We have office hubs in Seattle, WA, Champaign, IL, and Orlando, FL and are also able to employ people in Texas and California. If you are currently located in one of these locations, or are open to relocation, we'd love to hear from you!
- Participate in feature planning meetings and discussions
- Collaborate with UI designers and engineers to ensure that all in-game information is presented clearly
- Collaborate with cross functional team to discover, create, implement a player first user experience
- Work with the team throughout the design process, gathering actionable feedback and iterating at the appropriate levels
- Deliver appropriate UX/UI design artifacts (concepts, flows, layouts, mock-ups and prototypes) appropriate for each stage of development process
- Create and deliver high-craft presentations and communication with stakeholders
- Communicate your data-informed design rationale to stakeholders in a clear manner
- Proven and recurring success in a Sr. UX/UI role, games’ industry experience highly preferred
- Understanding and experience with interaction modalities across controller, keyboard, and mouse
- Prototyping skills, using interactive tools to communicate design decisions and rationale
- Experience designing in-game and meta-level game UX flows
- Experience creating game UI systems for multiple platforms
- Demonstrated ability to deliver polished visual designs
- Experience with accessibility features and systems
Benefits & Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Undead Labs and the state in which you work.
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Unlimited PTO and studio holiday closure in December
- 401k plan with 50% matching
- Subsidized transportation to and from work
- Professional growth resources
- Discounts on the Microsoft Games store
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $104,970 - $157,460 per year.
The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base range will depend on various factors, such as complexity and responsibility of the role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At Undead Labs, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases and an annual bonus. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with Undead Labs.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Noise levels are low to moderate in the work environment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Undead Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.