Senior UX/UI Designer
1 month ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Quixel exists to push the computer graphics industry forward. Our mission is to scan the world and put it in the hands of artists, and we strive to build an ecosystem that unlocks triple-A level artistry for everyone. As part of our team, you will help deliver next-gen workflows to CG artists working in films, games, or visualization, to create hyper-realistic or stylized 3D worlds and elements with the world’s largest scan library, one-click integrations to their favorite software, and a rapid material creation tool.
WHAT WE DO
In the Quixel Design Team, we are responsible for all brand, marketing, social, web, and motion design, as well as the UX & UI of the Quixel applications and services at Epic Games. Our day to day work includes communicating with stakeholders, writing design specifications, producing sketches and mockups, solving design-related problems, and overall being caretakers of everything related to the user-facing appearance of our products and brand. Being part of our team will give you the opportunity to contribute to some of the industry’s most well-respected products, and develop your own skills together with our team but under a great deal of independence.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking for an experienced Senior UX/UI Designer that will help build the team working with UX and UI for our applications. You’d work closely together with Product Teams, Engineering Teams and the rest of the design team to propel a unified vision and help craft tools that change the industry.
In this role, you will
- Be the primary owner of the UX/UI of the application or tool you’ll be working on.
- Create UX wireframes, prototypes, presentations, and final UI for products and features.
- Collaborate with the rest of the UX/UI Design team on methodology, design systems, and shared component libraries.
- Test, review and iterate on implemented features and translate complex user/business goals into simple, user-friendly solutions.
- Overlook current products and their feature sets, and understand what implications new features and products might have on existing ones.
- Gain a deep understanding of the problems we’re solving. Help define what is important to focus on for product and user success.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to improve features and bring new concepts to life.
- Help define internal processes, and evangelize UX and use of Design Systems and component libraries within the organization.
- Stay abreast of competitor products, latest UX/UI trends and best practices.
- Participate in and analyze user tests to improve usability of products.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience designing UX/UI for either pro or consumer applications..
- Proven experience as a UX/UI designer, product designer or similar role.
- Basic knowledge of 3D Art creation processes.
- Strong portfolio of recent work and/or case studies.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Hands on knowledge of Quixel’s ecosystem (Mixer, Bridge, Megascans)
- Experience of working in the game development or digital entertainment industry
- Knowledge of real-time rendering techniques (shaders, PBR, normal map, displacement, etc.)
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.