This job might no longer be available.
Senior UX Designer
9 days ago
SGI is looking for a talented and experienced Senior UX Designer with a background in graphic, multimedia or web design, with strong illustration skills, and motion graphics proficiency. Prior hands-on UX development experience on multiple games, platforms and user input schemes (i.e. touch, controller, mouse & keyboard, motion control).
This individual has the knowledge and sensibility of what makes an interface intuitive and how to employ visual presentation principles to create user-centric experiences. They have impeccable conceptual and problem-solving skills with a strong understanding of information architecture and how large amounts of information can be visually and functionally transformed into an attractive and intuitive user interface.
The ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative work culture, is a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills for the internal cross-department collaboration.
- Reposts to the creative director or his assignee to define player facing aspect of our games.
- Create high fidelity team and client-facing UI/UX concepts and designs, wireframes, interactive mocks for target platforms while ensuring that iterative feedback from stakeholders is incorporated.
- Deconstruct, validate, and conceptualize UI/UX flows based on game design documentation, and collaborate with Design and Art to iterate and streamline screen layouts to achieve highly accessible, intuitive and visually appealing user experiences.
- Provide the team with documents that captures UX flow and behaviors as well as necessary UI considerations including platform-specific and user input specific guidelines.
- Evaluate the implementation quality of the UI in the game and proactively problem solve to meet the highest quality level of user interaction feedback.
- Analyze, adapt, and integrate feedback from the Client and/or other departments to achieve what is best for the product from a UX perspective.
- Assist artists, game designers, and programmers to fully integrate the approved UX flows and behaviors according to specifications.
- Orchestrate feedback loops including team's play testing and player research and respond to the results to improve on designs.
- Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics, sharing conclusions with the team that help increase accessibility and inform design decision for the product.
- Maintain UX standards and related documentation to help the company create a consistent, quality experience for its players across mobile platforms and PC.
- Support the Producer in development and maintenance of realistic UI/ UX scope plans and schedule.
- Mentor others by sharing your knowledge and providing direction on UX best practices and UI tasks.
- Constructively give and receive feedback.
- 5+ years of experience developing interactive interfaces for games
- Bachelor's degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Able to explore a wide variety of ideas, to follow and adapt to different stylistic guidelines.
- Proficiency in animation techniques using timeline and programmatic motion
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop and proficiency in other Adobe Creative Suite software
- High degree of ownership of the work and willingness to iterate on work until it shines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight turnaround
- High degree of initiative with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and visual communications skills
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust among team members and peers
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and pipelines
- Avid gamer and mobile app enthusiast
- Familiarity with a live data driven game environment (ie. rapid iteration, frequent testing and bug fixing)
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.