This job might no longer be available.
Senior UX Designer
5 months ago
Bungie is seeking a User Experience Designer to delight millions by designing amazing player interactions within Destiny 2. You’ll be responsible for producing UX design work on a cross functional team, evolving problems that are complex and ambiguous into clear actionable design solutions. You'll work from concept to completion by collaborating closely with other designers to achieve your goals.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Collect feature goals and requirements from gameplay and system designers, and player insights from User Research and
- Analytics, and convert them into solid UX strategies
- Convert goals and requirements into viable shippable solutions which follow and complement our UX strategy and design principles, through appropriate UX design methodologies, such as wireframes, user flows, and user testing
- Ability to prove out ideas through prototyping
- Work with design leads on establishing strategies, design standards and patterns
- Effective collaborator: You know how to move a design forward with your team and in discussions with stakeholders using solid and proven collaboration methods
- A clear communicator: You communicate in a clear and focused manner to inspire teams to consider UX in their designs and present designs to stakeholders effectively
- User-Centered Design advocate: You are a committed believer in putting the user needs at the center of all phases of the development process; you identify and advocate the core needs of the users in all design discussions
- Growth mindset: With a solid foundational knowledge in design methodologies (e.g. wireframes, personas, journey mapping, information architecture, interaction design, and prototyping), you're always working to improve your skills and evolve design thinking practices
- Process Driven: You can break experiences down in order to ship value to our players. You embrace that an effective user experience needs iterations and frequent evaluations, especially when working on a live service product. You know how to measure success using both qualitative and quantitative insights
- Systematic Thinker: Your design process considers moderate-to-large scale solutions that are sustainable over time
Experience or education in the field of UX or Product Design, preferably on a range of large-scale, consumer-facing products
- Must have online UX portfolio
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, User-Centered Design, Cognitive science or equivalent
- Experience working in Agile and using a User-Centered Design process
- Ability to use Adobe Software like Illustrator and Photoshop or equivalent to convey designs
- Previous working experience in games across multiple platforms