Senior UX Designer
14 days ago
Job Title:Senior UX Designer
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly inventive, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
The Senior UX Designer role requires outstanding technical knowledge of the process and tools for designing and creating in-game UI design and UX systems. You will be able to conceptualize the user experience flow from wireframe concepts or prototypes, to execution of concepts and asset creation for engineering—using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign, and/or After Effects. Experience in crafting functional UI/UX prototypes and tools experience is expected.
This role will report to the Lead UI/UX Designer, and will collaborate within a team of UI/UX designers and artists, engineers, and gameplay designers, to create systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work) , be an exceptionally creative problem solver, good presenter of UX design (and systems), positive team member, and one who shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating games with an intuitive UI for the player.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Have a thorough understanding of game front-end UX flow and HUD systems.
- Can independently conceptualize, present, and implement ideas on schedule.
- Build and implement UX design and/or UI art within defined look & feel.
- Ensure that work supports overall game design and art style/direction.
- Develop and iterate on design concepts based on feedback.
- Work with Lead UI/UX Designer to define and understand functionality, design, and technical requirements.
- Actively and constructively contribute to technical and artistic problem solving across departments.
- Possess a strong, established graphic design background and understanding of design principles.
- Demonstrate understanding of game aesthetic and branding requirements.
- Work within agreed technical budgets and restrictions.
- Be able to identify problems, advocate for, and provide solutions to improve department processes
- Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks to meet timelines.
- Mentor others and support the growth of peers in your area of expertise
- Specialized training in graphic and interactive design or illustration from a 4 year program or equivalent level of professional experience required.
- Five + years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network in the world!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.