Senior UX Designer [Unannounced Project] (425)
7 days ago
Play a crucial role in ensuring that work produced is well designed, consistent with the whole project and user focused in order to deliver the best user experience possible for the end user.
- Ensure that consistency is maintained throughout the project;
- Incorporate the design goals defined by the project while protecting the users freedom of choice;
- Ensure that the UX Design is in keeping with the art direction of the project and complements it;
- Work alongside teams to ensure that the work created is well designed, consistent and user focused;
- Communicate the paradigms of the project and the way in which the player interacts with the graphical user interface to the team on the project;
- Implement a layer of simple graphics over the top of wire framing to make things look beautiful;
- Incorporate user needs collected during testing in order to improve the user experience provided by the project;
- Use industry tools (Such as Photoshop, Unity or Flash) to create mock-ups for the project in order to express ideas visually for the team;
- Be a reference for the team in relation to user experience principles and find solutions to complex issues which may arise;
- Conduct research on the project and the target audience in order to understand what user experience is desired;
- Set and share best practices, pipelines and workflows within the group;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Prepare the planning for the play-tests/studies to take place;
- Write test briefing and plans, facilitate bespoke play tests when needed, analyse results and write play-test reports;
- Create documentation (both written and visual) which clearly communicates the user experience design to all levels of the team;
- Use tools and methods available to help the team make user-informed decisions;
- Provide support, objective feedback and mentoring relating to user experience for the team;
- Any other ad hoc task as required by the project.
Skills and Knowledge
- Great communication and presentation skills;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Understanding of player behaviors and interactions;
- Strong understanding of 3Cs, usability and UI design best practices;
- Results-oriented and customer focused;
- A comprehensive working knowledge of applications related to documentation such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Wiki etc.;
- Understanding of user testing principles and how to carry out these kinds of tests;
- Excellent understanding of video games and how they affect design and accessibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or other relevant training;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in design, user experience or other relevant experience;
- Experience using Unity is desirable;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite is essential.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion®, Tom Clancy’s The Division® & The Division 2®, Assassins Creed Syndicate®, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands® as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home® and Grow Up® series.