Senior UX Designer [Snowdrop]
11 days ago
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team for our in-house developed engine, Snowdrop™. You will be part of a newly created Snowdrop Usability and Testing team, working with the tech teams on state-of-the-art game engine technology and R&D, supporting Snowdrop™ to take our games to the next level.
You will be the bridge between developers and designers, ensuring we always design our features with the need of our designers in mind. As a creative problem-solver and strategic thinker, you consider the impact of every design choice. By leveraging actual engine user data and gathering feedback, you make informed choices to deliver a seamless overall experience for our users.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Facilitating product vision by researching, conceiving, prototyping, and user-testing experiences
- Participating in feature planning, acting as the UX stakeholder
- Following-up on the final implementation of features to ensure proper execution of the user experience and design in compliance with the specifications
- Developing a strategy for collecting and evaluating user feedback.
- Continuously optimize user experience, usability, and accessibility of the engine by iterating your designs based on user research, quantitative data, and feedback.
- Collaborating with the Snowdrop tech teams to achieve consistency across the board.
- Staying up to date on UX design best practices + promote them across the studio.
You as a person
You can work autonomously within your field while at the same time knowing the benefits of a multidisciplinary team. You're able to work utilizing a dynamic and iterative process that you can integrate into your workflows. You're used to presenting and communicating your work and findings, enabling you to share your results, no matter the audience or target. You're willing to take risks and always see the positive in any challenge while at the same time remain open to feedback to adapt and grow.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Provide a strong portfolio showcasing your UX skills and methodology
- Have professional experience working as a UX Designer or equivalent in software development
- You have worked on larger projects working with multiple stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of information & product architecture, interface & service design, and research techniques
- Experience working as a UX Designer in the gaming industry is beneficial but not a must
- Knowledge of cognitive science and psychology is beneficial but not a must
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform. All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.