This job might no longer be available.
Senior UX Designer, AR HMD OS
29 days ago
The Niantic Augmented Reality Head Mounted Display (AR HMD) team is on a mission to build the most immersive and entertaining outdoor AR experiences. Building on Niantic's unparalleled AR gaming expertise and services, we will enhance the real-world with unique, engaging, and collaborative location-based adventures which encourage everyone to explore and enjoy the world around them. We are seeking an innovative and pioneering UX designer to be part of our journey.
- Define CX strategy and develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for testing and iteration purposes.
- Develop and maintain the design system, detailed user-interface and interaction specifications.
- Partner with Product Managers to analyze customer behavior, problems, and business opportunities and generate new ideas for the customer experience.
- Partner closely with the engineering team to iterate and deliver production grade customer experiences.
- Work closely with other UX leaders across the company to ensure we deliver an experience consistent across platforms and consistent with Niantic's brand identity.
- A proven track record of iterative design, working closely with customers, peers and developers from concept through implementation.
- Proven ability to understand and prioritize given use cases and associated product requirements, business goals, as well as take into account tech constraints to design with simple, elegant, user-focused solutions for consumer products.
- A deep understanding of visual design concepts and challenges for AR or other 3D experiences.
- Experience of using 3D computer graphic design applications to create graphic elements in 3D space.
- Experience designing mobile UX for consumer products.
- Experience working with Figma or similar UX visual prototyping workflow.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
- Experience designing and conducting usability user testing approaches, knowledge of best practices.
- Experience designing for hardware products and new interaction models.
- Experience building and managing teams and collaborating with leaders of other disciplines.
- Experience working in interactive media and/or games.
- Experience working on 0-1 products from concept through launch.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.