Senior UI Unity Engineer
25 days ago
We are a mixture of remote and hybrid working. Our primary location and only hybrid office is in London and we have remote teams across locations globally which overlap well with the GMT time zone.
- Able to overlap with the GMT UK timezone and hours of 10am - 5pm
- Our common company language is English and applicants must be able to communicate in this language fluently
- Must be able to travel to London for in person company events/workshops 2-5 times a year without a requirement of a visa or long haul travel
What we are looking for..
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building great games and excels at bringing high quality visuals to life. Naturally efficient and proactive, you actively contribute with ideas and solutions to make the designs created by our UI/UX team a reality and thrive working in an ever-evolving environment as Drest grows, both as a product and company.
As Senior UI Unity Engineer, reporting to our Head of Engineering, you will scope and deliver new features and improvements following priorities set by the key stakeholders as part of a cross-functional team.
What you will do..
- Fulfil the visual requirements of the project from a technical perspective.
- Write magnificent code using proven design patterns and experiential wisdom.
- Participate in the design process to provide technical consultation.
- Collaborate closely with our UI/UX designers to bring their designs to life.
- Identify technical risks/obstacles from the UI/UX’s team expectations and offer mitigations.
- Make quick and sound estimates for your work and propose alternatives to save time.
- Deliver code and review PRs in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Share your knowledge and learn from your peers to continuously support the team’s growth.
- Collaborate and communicate with product, design and other teams to build the game.
- Contribute to a positive development culture and create a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Adapt and grow with Drest, a dynamic environment and regularly learn and share.
What you will bring ..
- Extensive UI programming experience (mobile), preferably using Unity. Canvases, dynamic UI components, UI VFX and animations are your bread and butter.
- Experience translating designs from UX prototyping tools (Figma, Adobe XD, etc) to Unity UI.
- Solid understanding of Unity’s UI rendering and performance / bottlenecks.
- Strong knowledge of Unity and C# and other relevant game-programming languages.
- Experience developing mobile games (iOS & Android) from concept to LiveOps.
- An understanding of the challenges involved in maintaining, iterating and scaling a game.
- Mastery of software engineering fundamentals (design patterns, architecture at scale, maintainability over time, robust API design, etc.).
- Broad knowledge of game architecture and technologies (gameplay, economy, graphics, etc.).
- Good understanding of Agile principles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Strong understanding of CI/CD processes and proficient in the use of source control (e.g. GIT).
- A passion for games, including mobile.
Nice to have..
- Basic Shaders and Custom Shaders creation knowledge.
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other techniques to maximise UI responsiveness and do operations in background.
- Experience with industry-standard bug reporting software such as JIRA.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or have similar experience.
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Optical and Hearing cover
- Cycle Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave + Local Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave
- Cross-team learning opportunities
- Hybrid/Remote working options
More About DREST
DREST is the world’s first interactive luxury lifestyle & styling game, combining state-of-the-art technology with a luxury fashion and beauty styling experience that has real-time content at its core.
We are an award-winning fast-growth digital platform led by industry experts from the tech, luxury fashion, gaming and e-commerce worlds.
Centered around gamification, entertainment and creativity, DREST combines state-of-the-art technology with in-game fashion discovery, styling and shopping, all inspired by a real-time content feed reflecting the daily global fashion and lifestyle zeitgeist.
Our mission is to open up the fun, fantasy and creativity of the exclusive world of fashion, lifestyle and luxury to all via social gaming. By doing this, we are creating new and meaningful communications for one of the most exciting and impactful industries in the world through the application of gaming and proprietary technology and seminal art and design.
The leader in the development of luxury, lifestyle & beauty games, DREST partners with the very best of luxury brands worldwide including Gucci, Prada, Valentino, Burberry, Cartier, Breitling, Fenty, Armani, NARS and Bang & Olufsen amongst 250 others. DREST’s e-commerce partner is Farfetch, the world’s leading luxury fashion marketplace where everything one plays with is shoppable in real life. Named by Fast Company as one of ‘The Most Innovative Gaming Companies’ in the world (2021) DREST is forging ahead in this groundbreaking gaming genre.
Our employees are spread across the globe and we pride ourselves on our multiculturalism & diversity. We hire from the exciting worlds of gaming, tech, luxury fashion & lifestyle bringing a variety of perspectives closer together with the aim of creating inclusive, dynamic, equitable & original products tailored to our audiences around the world.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.