Senior UI/UX Programmer
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The UI/UX Team at Insomniac Games is growing! We're looking for a talented UI/UX Programmer interested in helping us make industry-inspiring player experiences that are approachable, accessible, and immersive for everyone. If you are someone with a track record of working collaboratively and cross-functionally to develop innovative player experiences and want to play a major role in delivering world-class games for players of all abilities, please read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Own impactful user-facing features and systems that help players of all abilities navigate, locate information, and accomplish their goals
- Work iteratively through all phases of the game development cycle from prototype to polish
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and developers to implement and deploy accessible user experiences that support the art, design, and technical vision for our games
- Deliver code that is readable, functional, adheres to standards and meets or exceeds requirements.
- Contribute proactively to our studio’s standards of excellence for UI engineering
- Provide accurate estimates for assigned tasks and regularly updates team on task status, contributing to efforts to ensure team's work remains is in scope
- Proactively share, receive, incorporate, and act on feedback
- Continuously expand knowledge of technological developments in the game industry through research and training
- Advocate relentlessly for our players and the end-to-end user experience
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough understanding of digital interaction design fundamentals and patterns
- Ability to adapt and adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards
- Familiarity with component-based programming paradigms
- Familiarity with commercial content creation packages like Adobe CC & Maya a plus
- Shipped multiplayer game development experience strongly preferred
- 3D and/or Coherent experience also a major bonus
- Solid instincts for game design and innovative user experiences
- Passion for game accessibility and player advocacy
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment
- Ability to present ideas and research in a way that makes it actionable and easily understandable for all audiences
- Flexibility in the face of schedule changes and shifting timetables
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
I nsomniac Games prides itself on developing experiences that leave positive and lasting influences on players’ lives — a mission we achieve by fostering diversity and inclusivity at our studios. We are a team focused on creating thrilling games and elevating our creative talent. Insomniac provides our teams an environment where they are at the heart of the experiences we make . As part of PlayStation, Insomniac Games is recognized globally for hit games such as Marvel’s Spider-Man, Ratchet & Clank, Spyro the Dragon, and Resistance
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.