Senior UI UX Designer
12 days ago
At Space Ape, we are focused on building world-class player experiences. Our games are fun, fresh and brimming with personality, so we want to share them with everyone. This means our players are always at the core of our design process.
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer, who will be a key player in determining how these experiences look, feel and perform, working always as an advocate for our players. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior visual design skills, be able to translate high-level requirements into best-in-class interaction flows, and transform those flows into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects in all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. Beatstar is a brand new music experience and a collaboration between Space Ape Games and the Supercell marketing team in San Francisco. Our partnership continues with the new multiplayer game we've been working on, which is set in the Boom Beach universe: Boom Beach Frontlines.
- Produce creative, player-focused and easy to use wireframes, user flows and supporting documentation for our games;
- Create stunning User Interface art assets that are flexible and efficient to high quality and in a variety of styles;
- Work hands-on with developers and other artists to implement user interfaces into software;
- Act as the player advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing and/or expert review to iteratively improve solutions.
- 3+ years of experience creating user interfaces and artwork for video games;
- An outstanding body of work demonstrating UI solutions;
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to colour theory, layout and typography with a sensitivity to user-system interaction;
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps;
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Balsamiq, or other visual design and wireframing tools;
- Proven ability to work with designers, producers and engineers to develop the designs through an iterative process;
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders with appropriate levels of detail in a timely manner;
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively;
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, technologies and design psychology;
- Comfortable with a broad range of visual styles;
- Passion for games & mobile gaming;
- Experience using the Unity3D Game Engine;
- Experience working in an agile (e.g. SCRUM/Kanban) environment using agile ceremonies (e.g. stand-ups sprint planning, retrospectives) and working with agile artefacts (e.g. user stories, task boards);
- An ability to work with minimal supervision and review, and exercise independent judgement;
- Experience in conducting user research and evaluating user feedback;
- Experience designing for iOS, Android, or other mobile platforms;
- Experience in other design related fields such as 3D modeling, After Effects, Animation, or Motion graphics design production.
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that in 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 was crowned one of the best companies to work for in the UK by gamesindustry.biz.
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 4.7/5.0 Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive compensation & stock options
- This position is in London, but you're not? No matter where you would be moving from, our dedicated people will help you from beginning to end.
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched four games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We currently have two games in soft launch Beatstar and Treasure Tails. We are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe with 3 more entering soft launch soon. We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 110 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.