Senior UI/UX Designer
2 months ago
ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent developer working on its next-generation multiplayer shooter IP in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by Ex-Crytek board member, CSO Alexander Zoll, together with serial entrepreneur and CEO, Vlad Korolev. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent come from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers, including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ and more. Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp joined Gunzilla as Chief Visionary Officer. In addition, the team features industry veterans like video game writer Olivier Henriot who helped shape the story of such notable games such as Assassin’s Creed, The Division, Far Cry and many more, and Richard K. Morgan, the author of the Altered Carbon series, which has since been adapted into a popular Netflix show. Gunzilla’s Chief Technology Officer Timur Davidenko led the development of CryEngine as Technical Director, and worked on Far Cry, Warface and Crysis. Art Director Jussi Keteli was involved in the iconic Gears of War series, Star Citizen and Hunt: Showdown.
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is seeking an expert designer who will work within our UI/UX team to create UI and UX design of the highest quality for our game as well as maintain it on that level. The person in this position will be responsible for the design and development of visual and interaction design elements and features, from lo-fi prototypes to the final product.
- As a Senior UI/UX Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers and game designers to determine functionality and usability requirements
- Design and create UI components (menus, stats and inventory screens, in-game HUD elements etc.), from low fidelity sketches and prototypes to completed features
- Collaborate and communicate with Art Director, UX Architect, UX designers, game designers, producers & programmers in the creation and implementation of the game's UI
- Test functionality for bugs to ensure work is end-user ready
- Contribute to the design and streamlining of UI tools and processes
- Delivery of the final product's UI/UX elements and features
- 2+ years of professional experience in UI/UX with a strong portfolio
- Experience creating assets and styles for user interfaces on at least one published game (console titles preferred), having completed an entire development cycle
- Strong knowledge of user interface design, interaction design, motion graphics, information architecture, and the ability to generate design ideas
- Experience with Unreal Engine and UMG
- Extensive experience with design and authoring tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Extensive experience in the creation of interactive prototypes
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to work with, instruct, and provide feedback to team members, externally and internally
- Ability to work well in a team environment and redo/iterate on work throughout development
- Task-driven, self-motivated and proactive
- Quick learner, able to rapidly pick up new software and workflow pipelines
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
· Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
· If your selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
· After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
· Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
· Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
· If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.