This job might no longer be available.
Senior UI/UX Designer (all genders)
7 months ago
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 300 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront Group AB in 2018. Stillfront Group AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
As a Senior UI/UX Designer (all genders) , you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our games. High targets motivate you and help you develop innovative ideas for new and old features, always striving to bring our players the best gaming experience while balancing business needs. Your responsibilities in this role will span the entire development lifecycle, from wireframe and concept creation to final asset production and implementation. Your initiative, strong communication skills and assertiveness help you to achieve success.
- Define the overall vision for and the design of the game’s UI
- Define cutting edge UX solutions: create UX flows, wireframes, mockups, pitch and refine
- Take complex information and turn it into user-friendly UI design solutions
- Develop and maintain a UI Style Guide to define visual consistency of a whole game
- Implementation of game UI using internal Unity tools, working with engineering to ensure artwork is accurately and consistently represented in the game
- Optimize UI for best performance and optimal footprint on mobile devices
- Engage and lead conversations with stakeholders to communicate your design solutions
- Work with tight timelines in an agile environment and rapidly test and iterate on concepts
- Several years of UI/UX experience working in mobile games and/or interactive media
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating solid UI and UX design knowledge
- Solid understanding of feature design of top performing products in mobile and free-to-play games
- You are experienced in and understanding of graphic design fundamentals (color theory, grid systems, typography, composition, motion, and interactivity)
- Ability to translate flowcharts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished UI systems
- Expert with Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and After Effects
- Up to date with the latest UI/UX best practices, techniques and technologies, with the ability to summarize and propose improvements internally
- Very good organization and efficient time management skills
- Very good written and spoken English
Will be a Plus:
- Education background in HCI, UX, or a communication design related field
- Experience using Unity UI or NGUI
- A professional team of experts that has fun at work
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a balanced work-life balance
We look forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date through our online application form.
Your contact person for this job offer is Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.