Senior UI Programmer
3 days ago
The Senior UI Programmer designs the interface or tools to help the non-technical members incorporate their work and ideas into the computer code so that it can be included in the game. She/he will undertake solving complex programming problems. Her/his expertise should be used to anticipate technical problems and provide realistic solutions.
- Identify missing details in feature requests and can break down the tasks into parts that can be implemented and tested.
- Integrate design, animations, menu and interface systems for specific users on each platform, preserving the uniformity of the visual and logistical aspects.
- Develops UI functionalities, including HUD, Menu Pages and the logic within the game engine.
- Develop Flash/Action Script for real-time interactive interfaces.
- Organize data sharing/transfer between UI system and game engine.
- Work closely with artists and game designers to ensure UI is done within the desired quality.
- When assigned a UI function, breaks down the function into tasks and creates a plan and schedule.
- Complete UI functions based on the plan, requirements and schedule approved by management.
- Develop deep understanding of the used tools and frameworks, and use said knowledge to support the UI team.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the production pipeline.
- Debug complex defects and ensures that problems are fully solved.
- At least 5 years of C++ programming experience on AAA console project
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages (C++, C#, Perl, Python, Java, Action Script, etc…).
- Familiar with Adobe Flash CS3/CS4 and Action Script 2.0/3.0.
- Experience working with graphic tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator etc…).
- Understand software engineering practices.
- Able to analyze and evaluate risks while proposing solutions.
- Able to program and debug complex applications using object-oriented or procedural programming.
- Knowledge of bug tracking, sprint planning, and wiki software.
- Excellent presentation, organization, time management, and cross-department communication skills.
- Must be responsible, proactive, accountable, and personable.
- Able to quickly adapt to changing situations and take on new challenges.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and able to solve problems.
- Passion for creating and playing games, no matter what platform or genre.
- Experience in shipping AAA titles is a MUST
- Experience in team management is a PLUS
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors in July 2008 and has since become the largest AAA lead studio in Asia. We are proud of our expertise in naval technology and very excited to bring a brand new online, naval, open world IP to you – the pirate game Skull and Bones!
Our other notable achievements include working on every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, and being the innovators of naval gameplay in Assassin’s Creed III, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin’s Creed Rogue and Assassin’s Creed Origins. And did you know - Ubisoft Singapore works closely with Ubisoft Chengdu and Ubisoft Philippines as an Armada of three studios! We can’t wait to bring exhilarating and unforgettable gameplay experiences to you.
Find out more about us on our website: singapore.ubisoft.com