Senior UI Programmer
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a User Interface (UI) Programmer who is passionate about games and well-versed in C++, UI development, gameplay, and console development. In this role, you'll have an opportunity to work across UI, gameplay, and platforms to build features highly impactful to users.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with art and design leads to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Attending to every detail, especially with regard to compliance, layout, and design
- Architecting, planning, and implementing new UI systems
- Optimizing and fixing bugs in existing UI systems
- Contributing ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Writing robust, maintainable code
- Working collaboratively with the team to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Work closely with artists, designers, and other programmers on cutting-edge features that support player experiences across Fortnite
What we’re looking for
- Exceptional C++ programming skills
- Experience developing UI features for games across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of networking, rendering, and other systems impacting quality and performance
- General experience with web services
- Unreal Engine development experience
- Passion for games and great user experiences
- Keen analytical mind and mature problem-solving skills
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
This role can be based in:
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.