Senior UI Engineer
19 days ago
Do you have an eye for detail and an appreciation for smooth, polished experiences? Do you cringe at unintuitive menus and unresponsive controls? Do you take pride in your ability to understand exactly what a customer wants and deliver it to them in a clear, complete, and reliable manner?
As a Senior UI Engineer at Bungie, you will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and evolving user interface systems and features to support Destiny’s unique social gameplay. You will be directly involved in enabling our creative teams to bring elegant UI designs to life, empowering them to craft incredible player experiences. Additionally, you’ll bring a passion for growing the skills and capabilities of engineering peers and more junior staff.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA/CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA or WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA or WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Build and maintain production-quality C++ code
- Work closely with the members of the UI/UX disciplines to bring their visions to life
- Work with designers and engineers from multiple teams to create, maintain, and extend features in the UI
- Leverage and extend our in-game user interface engine and related designer tools
- Directly manage 1-2 engineers, providing support, mentorship, constructive feedback, and career development guidance
- Professional C/C++ coding experience
- Experience developing user interfaces and interface systems for console and/or PC games
- Excitement about user experience and the way it interfaces with software
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate across many disciplines
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading (managing, mentoring, or guiding) engineers through planning, developing, and shipping
- Prior console development experience