Senior UI Designer
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
14 days ago
Unity Create Studio is an internal group that leverages Unity technology to craft innovative tools for all creators. We are expanding our team to embrace creatives in Media & Entertainment, Retail, Heavy Industry and others.
As a Senior UI Designer, you will engage the product team from ideation to delivery, extending the Unity brand to a family of 3D tools. You will be responsible for both UX and UI but weighted on leading the UI design efforts on the products while collaborating with the larger design team. Your designs will provide the best possible User Experience and showcase Unity technology.
- Lead design research, ideation and creation of user interface across multiple platforms and devices
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to contribute to the overall UI direction
- Work closely with the extended Product Team while representing Design; facilitate design discussions, and provide feedback in planning and product channels
- Use and evolve our design system to design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals
- Provide feedback to your teammates in the product team
- UX support when it is necessary
- Professional creative experience (corporate, software, web or agency), including product design experience
- A strong portfolio, showcasing a foundation in design process, strategy, ideation, with Product design using design systems
- Disciplined design process with an eye for detail, and ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Solid understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale
- Advanced experience with Figma, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Interactive prototyping experience
- Video and/or animation experience
- AR/VR or 3D work experience
- Familiarity with Unity
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.