This job might no longer be available.
Senior UI Artist
1 month ago
Based in Guildford, DPS is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior UI Artist to play a key role in the development of our ‘AAA’ free-to-play title. You will be a self-motivated team player, who will work closely with the Lead UI Artist and Art Director to help create our epic Front End.
You will bring your excellent verbal and written skills, using these to play a pivotal role in our internal and external feedback and critique discussions. You will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and sharing knowledge as well as developing new skills.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team and studio culture.
The Senior UI Artist will report to the Lead UI Artist/Art Production Director.
What will you do?
- Imagine and create graphically appealing and innovative UI designs
- Work in close collaboration with the UX design team and the Art Director
- Implement work within Unreal 4
- Explore and experiment with a variety of graphical styles to connect with our audience
- Develop user friendly graphical systems that inform, guide and retain our users
- Assist the Art Production Director in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- Proven production art experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3 published games
- Experience in developing graphically innovative UI from inception through to in game implementation
- Strong graphic design skills: colour theory, composition, typography, and layout
- The ability to distil complex ideas into easy to use and understand UI graphics
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience with at least one released title
- Good understanding of Adobe After Effects
- A great eye for detail and natural design flair
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule, and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Knowledge of 3d Software
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.