Senior UI Artist
El Segundo CA us
5 days ago
As the Senior UI Artist, you will be a co-owner of the experience design of the product(s). Form follows function with usability a priority– however being a champion for creative and beautiful UI is an equally important requirement as we strive to be industry leaders in imaginative creations.
- Engaging team members such as Producers, Designers, and Engineers for input and guidance
- Create UI designs in Photoshop using existing Art direction documentation and integrate seamlessly into Unreal Engine
- Working closely with the UX Lead plan, design, document and communicate the product experience flow
- Maintain knowledge of existing and emerging competitor experiences
- Help to research, explore and define user interaction models
- Subject early-stage designs to usability testing and review in order to iterate toward optimal experience
- Partner with the Creative Director, Engineering and UX Lead in order to explore, develop, and follow UI creative direction across product(s).
- Conceptualize and refine visual comps accounting for required UX specifications and component states
- Collaborating with the UX Lead develop and maintain product UI style guides
- Explore and create various art assets to be featured in the experience
- Working in engine, implement UI for features by 1) further iterating on existing screens/elements previously developed by Engineering and/or 2) roughing in new screen/elements for further development by Engineering
- Work across disciplines toward novel solutions to creative challenges in engine
- Use abstract thinking to keep a critical eye on product experience consistency in order to avoid legacy thinking and divergent interactions– suggesting/implementing better options where found
- 4+ years of experience as an Interaction Designer, User Interface Designer, or similar role
- Demonstrated history and knowledge of work on one or multiple games/products on PC or console
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant experience in user-centered design, a gifted eye for aesthetics, and a thought process to rapidly generate creative ideas
- Experience in working with interaction challenges for a single product across multiple SKUs (PC, console, etc)
- Ability to digest design specifications and develop into user flows and design concepts (e.g., sketches, wireframes, mockups) reflecting multiple options for intuitive, elegant, and technically-feasible interface
- Awareness and Passion for tenets and trends in interaction design disciplines and principles.
- Mastery in fundamental graphic and typographic principles.
- Working knowledge of Unreal and/or Unity engines with a focus on user interface implementation
- Experience working with Engineers and Designers to implement UI screens, widgets, and/or art content
- Demonstrated ability to manage feedback and iterate on design
- Expert/senior level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience with motion design in Adobe After Effects
- Experience in using or guiding development of materials, shaders, or other innovative solutions with Engineers and Developers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 60+ veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.
Unbroken Studios is working from home at least until June 2021, at which time this role will be onsite at our offices in El Segundo, CA.