Senior UI Artist
12 days ago
As the Senior UI Artist, you will be a co-owner of the experience design of the product(s). Form follows function with usability a priority – however being a champion for creative and beautiful UI is an equally important requirement as we strive to be industry leaders in imaginative creations.
- Create user interface screens and animations utilizing existing and evolving art direction and documentation
- Strong 2D illustration skills to create production-quality assets
- Conceptualize and refine visual comps accounting for required UX specifications and component states
- Work closely with the UX Lead to plan, design, document and communicate the product experience flow and product UI style guides
- Partner with the Creative Director, Engineering and UX Lead in order to explore, develop, and follow UI creative direction across products and platforms.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and emerging competitor experiences
- Engaging team members such as Producers, Designers, and Engineers for input and guidance
- Use abstract thinking to keep a critical eye on product experience consistency in order to avoid legacy thinking and divergent interactions– suggesting/implementing better options where found
- 4+ years of experience as a UI Artist, User Interface Designer, or similar role on game products
- Demonstrated history and knowledge of work on one or multiple games/products on PC or console
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant experience in user interface art and user-centered design, with a highly gifted eye for aesthetics
- Awareness and passion for tenets and trends in interaction design disciplines and principles.
- Mastery in fundamental graphic, typographic and layout principles.
- Working knowledge of Unreal and/or Unity engines with a focus on user interface implementation
- Experience working with Engineers and Designers to implement UI screens, widgets, and/or art content
- Demonstrated ability to manage feedback and iterate on design
- Expert/senior level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience with motion design in Adobe After Effects
- Experience in using or guiding development of materials, shaders, or other innovative solutions within Unreal
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 90 veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Apex Legends, Arkham and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.