This job might no longer be available.
Senior UI Artist - Mobile
7 months ago
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term
We continue to build on our ambitions and projects, as such we are looking to hire a senior UI Artist to join our London Studio.
- You will use your expertise in UI/UX principles and software in delivering high-quality original artwork that often displays innovative solutions when answering briefs.
- You will be able to take high-level creative direction and estimate, schedule and execute relevant level-of-detail artwork, depending on the stage of the creative process.
- You will be able to mentor more junior artists and work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
As Senior UI Artist you will use your expertise in UI/UX principles and software in delivering high-quality original artwork that often displays innovative solutions when answering briefs. You will be able to take high-level creative direction and estimate, schedule and execute relevant level-of-detail artwork, depending on the stage of the creative process. You will be able to mentor more junior artists and work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
- Demonstrable comprehensive portfolio showing wonderful examples of their craft
- Proactive - takes on responsibility in pushing the quality of their craft and in self-development
- Evaluates Game Design briefs, User Experience findings and technical specifications quickly and creates original high-quality work
- Expert in providing UI art for Video Games
- Presents a series of well thought through options through proper research, reference gathering, visual investigations and development
- Owns features and can take on entire Game UI Design, UX principles and motion design
- Excellent understanding of shape and colour psychology, plus colour blind requirements
- Understands platform requirements (e.g. Unity)
- Able to wireframe and provide visual mock-ups to assist in the UX development
- Able to assist in the user testing needed to validate UX and UI designs
- Able to animate UI to help test and communicate its desired implementation behaviours
- Confident in creating artwork in a range of styles
- Expert understanding of computer-based illustration applications
- Able to mentor more junior UI Artists
- Supports Principals and Leads with the creation of style guides and visual targets
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.