This job might no longer be available.
Shanghai Shanghai China
7 months ago
Pogo – Senior UI Designer
Location: Shanghai, China
At Pogo, we exist to be the best casual games destination in the world and we want you to join us!
Electronic Arts is seeking a Senior UI Designer to join the creative team of Pogo.com, the largest online casual games community. The ideal candidate will define, facilitate and implement all User Interface needs for Pogo’s wide variety of individual games. This role includes working closely with stakeholders, PMs, UX and Art to develop UI solutions that promote the unique needs of both licensed and original-IP games, while establishing best practices across games and platforms. This includes developing every aspect of UI Design, from user-flow diagrams and wireframe prototypes to visual concepts to final, in-game layout designs, interactive and graphical components, transition animations and effects with a focus on quality, innovation, integration and ease of use.
- Define and develop visual UI systems that achieve goals, from both game design and UI perspectives, for Pogo’s games.
- Create a wide variety of UI elements, including icons, dialogs, HUD, UI animation, and visual effects.
- Collaborate directly with game Artists including Character and Environment Feature Artists, Animators and Technical/VFX Artists.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Producers, PMs and Engineers to understand and deliver on the overall goals for our user experience.
- Be an advocate for players and understand what they are doing and why, and create the ideal user interfaces to accommodate those needs.
- Drive assigned tasks through each stage of production: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off.
- Iterate designs as needed, accommodating changing requirements, and user testing feedback.
- Create marketing assets and campaigns for: pogo.com, mobile, email and social media channels.
- This person should also have the ability to articulate the rationale behind their design solutions.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of UI/UX experience and 1 or more shipped mobile free-to-play games.
- Technical/Hands-on experience building interfaces in-game.
- Experience managing other Artists/Designers directly.
- Proven track-record designing/implementing/leading UI efforts for casual mobile titles.
- Strong understanding + experience applying UX/human-computer interaction concepts.
- Expert-level knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and other industry standard tools.
- Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills.
- Effective, articulate design communication and decision-making skills.
- 3+ years of relevant experience creating integrated campaigns and art assets for social and casual gaming websites and/or entertainment websites.
- A deep understanding of the limitations and opportunities of current web technologies, web design best practices, accessibility and current trends.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work to strict deadlines.
- Exceptional graphic design and visual communication skills.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, in English.
- HTML 5, CSS and modern web development experience is a plus.
Pogo has been leading the way for online casual games since 1998. We are the ultimate online community to play free online games, including many classic card and board games as well as great original content. Our unique service provides countless hours of fun to millions of Pogo fans.