Senior Software Developer, Tools & Workflow
18 days ago
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Developer, Tools & Workflow to push the boundaries of what is possible in the world of 3D volumetric industry. If you're passionate about crafting intuitive workflows & tools for creators, fabricate next-gen volumetric 3D experiences, and launching products from the ground-up, then we want to talk with you!
You will help build great workflows for volumetric experiences in Unity, including artist-facing interactive tools, and engineer-facing APIs, that can unlock creativity on current and future platforms for millions of creators. You will work directly with some of the best graphics and system developers in the world. Mostly meaningfully, you’ll participate in designing and development of tools required to ship the most technologically-impressive real-time experience.
Our vision is to redefine and reinvent how users consume sports and esports content. Do you have a desire to reimagine how entertainment media can work?
What you’ll be doing
- Design, implement and maintain workflows for volumetric experiences in Unity.
- Work closely with a cross-discipline team and technical artists to provide highly productive authoring workflows in Unity.
- Design powerful and extensible APIs
- Build and maintain production quality code for rendering, tools, and testing.
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience with Unity, including proficiency in C# programming and Unity workflows.
- Experience developing UI, tools and workflows with cloud backends and Unity.
- Understanding of DevOps including version control like Git, SVN and/or PlasticSCM, continuous integration (Jenkins etc), and development workflows.
- Performance-minded development, code profiling and optimization skills.
- Tight-knit collaboration and communication skills with the ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and tasks.
You might also have
- Experience with cross-platform development and optimization including familiarity with real-time graphics and GPU pipelines.
- A good grounding in the principles of customer/user experience design.
- A passion for creating compelling 3D realtime experiences
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.