Senior Tools Programmer
15 days ago
Job Title:Senior Tools Programmer
This is an exceptionally exciting time to be at Activision, a period of phenomenal change and ambition throughout the organization! Activision Central Tech (or "CT") is a global, multi-disciplinary team dedicated to supporting the technological needs of our games. We work alongside Activision studios around the world to build the most compelling entertainment experiences ever seen.
Activision is searching for a Senior Tools Programmer to join its CT group based in Manchester. This is a full-time permanent position, learning and working in a friendly and inclusive environment alongside some of the best game creators in the world. You will help us craft the next generation of the massively successful Call of Duty® series of games.
· Research, design and build new tooling for our AAA technology.
· Debugging and optimization of existing tools pipeline and build systems
· Engage and co-develop with large geographically distributed teams
- Make optimal use of our cutting-edge build and testing infrastructure
· Mentoring and supporting junior engineers.
What does the future hold for game tech? We need you to help us find out!
· A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
· 4-5+ years’ experience working as a programmer in the game industry or a related field.
Skills & Attributes
Our ideal candidate for this role would possess the following skills and attributes:
· Experience with tools pipelines, build systems or test automation in shipped games.
· A proven understanding of computing fundamentals
· Capable and eager to take the leading role in certain projects.
· Creative, motivated, focused, and results oriented with a passion for games and technology.
These are not firm requirements, but we would be especially interested in talking to anyone with:
· Experience in relevant areas of code, including build systems, build automation, test automation, distributed processing, asset pipelines
· An understanding of technologies such as Containers, Kubernetes, Redis, Prometheus, ElasticSearch
· Experience with automating games consoles or mobile platforms.
What we offer
· A friendly, international team of game technology experts ready to guide and support you.
· A healthy work-life balance. We create our best work when our free time is valued and respected.
· Access to counselling services and mental health support through our wellness programs such as AbleTo and our Employee Assistance Program.
· Opportunities for working remotely and from our new office in Manchester.
· Generous benefits package including pension contributions, health insurance and bonuses.
· Comprehensive relocation support.
We love hearing from anyone who is talented and enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Activision is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this role regardless of gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or whether they are parents, carers, a person with disabilities or any person protected by applicable law.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. Lastly, in your application please feel free to let us know which pronouns you use.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.